Thread: All Ford Day
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Slowy,

I would love to attend the meetings but the 'tyranny of distance' makes it a little difficult. I am after all over 6 hours away. So it is day away to get there.

However, the main barrier in getting to meetings is it often clashes with some volunteer work I do at one of the schools in the evening with disadvantaged kids.

Guess my priorities are wrong.

Just out of interest I have been to meetings.

In fact I have been to one or two more than some. You may not be aware that from day one George. V, Mike M. Rob B. myself and a few others met for the first time in a workshop and later at the Mercat Hotel for the very first meetings of the club.

For a number of reason members are not able to attend meetings. Some move to other States, others get involved in other marques or family reasons change. Not to mention the pressure of business.

Guess, I am just saying attendance at meetings is not an indicator that interest is not there. I am still an enthusiast and fortunately can afford to get to a number of both local and overseas events.

Be assured that I will get to meetings and club events when I am able. I will make sure I report to get my name crossed off the list..

Stay safe.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026