View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1884 5.0 E.F.I. NOS
Not Ranked     

Ok guys
Here is all of the information regarding the drag/autocross event so I am not accused of withholding information. National Trails Raceway has offered to rent the Ohio Cobra Club their facility for $3092.00. This includes: Rent $1500.00, $616.00 for 7 employees,( 1- tower, 1- safety/tech, 1- starter, 1- timeshack, 1- janitor, 1-manager, 1-track prep), Emergency Medical Services, Fire Safety,$576.00, $400.00 cleanup and traction compound. SCCA has offered to set up and run the autocross for another $1000.00. In years past the OCC has paid around $900.00 to rent the parking lot for the autocross event and it has been set up and run by OCC staff and volunteers. We will probably go this route again this year for that part. If we can run the autocross at National Trails in conjunction with the drags we can save some more $$. In the past the $900 was paid from London Cobra Show registrations. no additional fees were charged to run the autox. I can not, nor do I think it would be fair to raise the LCS registration fees, to cover the cost of drag racing. Sooo, in a nutshell, us die hard drag racers need to raise the rest of the bucks for track rental, apox $2192. The question to you is, how much would you pay for the chance to beat me or your buddy at the 1320'. $2090/20 cars = $100 for all day and as many passes as you can make. Less $ if more cars participate. So what do you think? Who is still in at $100.
Gordon

Last edited by GForce; 02-10-2009 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: More info