Old 02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Halibrand Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Did you see this thread? I'm not sure if they're original run Halibrands, but the front does have caps.

Updated Magnesium Halibrand thread
The original cars came with two (front only) caps, they were machined from aluminum bar stock and used an "o" ring in a groove for retention. Some of the original car owners fitted two in the rear. This was on the early cars, they may have had four on later cars I am not sure.

Off topic but, I just saw this post:

"Now that's a brave seller looking for $2,000/wheel ($10,000/set) without knockoffs in this economy. I love the claim, "believed to be from Shelby Team." Uh, huh. Sure."

How many original cars came with FIA style pin drive 8.5" wheels? The Daytona coupes, racing 289 team cars and some privateers, a very small number from what I know. Those wheels were purchased in the early 1970's from the inventory of SHELBY AMERICAN parts that Ford Motor took over to provide replacement parts for the cars that Shelby produced.

The only wheels I know of that come with knock offs are replica wheels that have adapters. Original wheels were sold without knock offs because anybody buying them had a car with the knock offs already.

The price is high because they are original magnesium Halibrands not replicas, I should probably buy that $1,000 Thor hammer to go with them.