View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance (AUS 09 or SPF 2792) - LS7 427ci
Not Ranked     
Default Kirkham for me!

Kirkham hands down!

As a number of you will remember, whilst researching my options a couple of years ago before buying my SPF, I was working out of Houston in the US and was therefore lucky enough to visit Kirkham and drool all over a couple of their Cobras...I also had a good look at one CSX4000 continuation series car that was about 12 months old at the time (which still made me drool, but just not quite as much as when I looked over the Kirkhams!) and I also visited Mike Mclusky's workshop in LA who's work on both original Cobras as well as the Kirkham Cobras is renowned....He was amazingly hospitable and spent a good 45 mins showing me around all the original and Kirkham Cobras his workshop was working on at the time...His perspectives and respect for the Kirkhams was clearly evident.

Whoever summarised the motivational difference between a Kirkham and a CSX4000 series as being "Pure Passion" vs "Commercial" could not have said it better in my view...The Kirkham is pure enginerering indulgence and something to behold!

I love my SPF and it has given me more excitement and enjoyment than I could ever have predicted, but I don't think there would be many Cobra lovers that would not go weak in the knees over an Aluminium body!

Regards...Paul