Thread: All Ford Day
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Bryan,

I just spoke with some of the Street Rodders and they have lost interest in this event.

There is a level of arrogance from some of the organisers and a few rods turned away when they were asked for $30 each and went to Lorne for a cruise.

They were told.." if you don't like, it don't come in". Heard that the response was "...see you later"..

I'm not sure what the problem is with the All Ford Day and organisers. There seems to be some thinking that we Cobra and GT40 owners etc. need them to show our cars..

My thoughts - there was a lot of people there, but the standard, quality and interesting cars were not there.

The race car simulator guy indicated that it was more expensive for a trade site at the event than at a touring car round. So sounds like they are treating the traders and the show car owners rather harshly.

It is hard to understand why they charge $30 for a Cobra to go in the show area and we were charged $20 for the family car with four of us in it for parking and admission.

Any wonder we spent and hour in the public car park and along side roads looking at some of the best show cars I have ever seen. They had decided not to go into the show area......

Would I go next year? Probably not..

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 02-18-2009 at 05:03 AM..