View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Hey Doug,
My pleasure. Always glad to share what I have learned. Technically, the air pressure in that small oil line is what registers on the gauge. The oil does not necessarily ever make it to the instrument. (thought sometimes you can see some in the original plastic tube) If oil actually made its way to the gauge, that tells you you have an air leak at the gauge fitting.
BTW: If you had the standard plastic hose installed and if for some reason it cracked and began to leak, it would start to pump some very warm engine oil on to your legs. Take three guess's why I know this....the first two guess's don't count....
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net