View Single Post
Old 11-04-2001, 11:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427SC #188 ZZ4 Crate, Tremac 3550
Send a message via AIM to Bish Wheeler
Not Ranked     
Default Skagit Cruise 2002

I wish this Posting Board was not so touchy. Geeeez, I got this whole thing typed out, was doing some editing, hit the backspace and Whoooosh, everything dissapeared into ether space.

I don't know if I can be as brilliant the second time.

It was suggested yesterday by several at the Pizza joint that we expand the Skagit cruise. Instead of having it a one day affair primarily in the North Counties, we expand it to make it a road "trip". The weekend will be July 19/21. The idea is this; Rendezvous in Mount Vernon at my place, have a pre-function
BBQ (or not) then at 0900 Saturday we head East, eventually getting on hwy 20. past Ross dam and up over Washington Pass. This is the North Cascade Hwy and it is a great drive. We would come down on the east side into Winthrop/Twisp/Chelan/Wenatchee. The road is really a good one all the way and there will be lots of places to plan stops of interest. We would spend the night in one of the afore mentioned towns, then return to the West side via Stevens Pass.

If there is enough interest in this trip, a couple of us can pre-run it and define it better plus finding accomadations on the East side. I have always wanted to make this run in the Cobra and if we can get 10 or 15 cars, it will great fun.

Please give me your comments, pro or con and suggestions.

Bish

P.S. A special award will go to Roger for Bravery under fire. He successfully stared down a determined woman driver bent on taking my parking place!