View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

Mickmate
The tank looked pretty clean, the little bit of leftover gas was slightly on the darker side but that could be from the StaBil and StarTron (winter stabilizer) that I put in for the winter storage.

Tcrist
Now that I have it out I will flush good with a garden hose. There are no leaks, so I don't know what sealing they might do.

Trularin
There is a 4" rubber hose connector in between the filler pipe and tank.

Bill Bess
Funny you should say that because I work for a pipeline company and our corrosion tech constantly reminds us of the effects of electrolysis and dissimilar metals, to the point of ad nauseum. He actually said that as long as there is enough spacing inside the rubber connector (not pushed up against one another) that the rubber acts like an insulating flange.
Another theory someone said to me was that theres allot of alcohol in gas and when the car sits for a week or two, the moisture comes out and seeks out the highest point which is the filler tube and collects there. This part being metal will eventually rust.

BLittleton
What is BDR using for a tank now, thought I heard they switched over to aluminum but not sure. What about the filler pipe, is it still metal, do they make a Stainless Steel one or rubber? I might have to look into making one up out of SS headers (2" ID) that or ceramic coat the inside of this one if it will hold up to gas. Whereabouts do you find room to hook up your filters and what type are you using?