View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Still looking for a solution to resolve the leaking problem, I decided to open the carb.

Well it seems as though the fuel level does have something to do with the pump jets. By looking at the pump piston where it receives its fuel there is a hole at the fuel level. This hole is either used to feed or bleed back if the level gets too high.

Either way if the fuel in the bowl expands it can then fill over to the backside of the piston, which will then seep past the piston.

The inclinded intake also has and effect because the hole is positioned toward the higher level of the fuel.

Adjusting a lower level on the float will only effect the timing engagement of the main jet. I will begin test how low the level can be with running into a lean spot.

Any feed back is welcomed

On a side note, on the right side there is a chamber that is not used for anything. By opening a hole at the bottom will increase the volume that the chamber can hold. The added fuel might be enough to keep the fuel cold to not heat up to the point of boiling and creating pressure.