View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     

Jimf,

I dont think the computer fans will make much of a difference. But that is just my thoughts.

If the heat is building up and heat soaking the carb then why doesnt it happen to the 289 motors and 302/ 351?

I am not saying that what I have done will solve the problem but it seems to work in my case and my jetting has never been better.

Its funny because unless you listen for a couple of mintues, you would not know it is even happening in my motor. It happens so slight that when it leaks the heat from the throttle plates evaporate the fuel so it never sits on the plate.

I am curious if someone with a SB motor would listen to the carbs after shutdown to see if this happens to their motor as well.

I also have to mention that I did adjust my float level. Many might not agree with the way I did it but again it works for me.

I measured the tang in relation to the float bracket and measured the tag at its highest point. When the carbs would leak the measurement is .197. I then readjusted the tang to .220.
When I made this change and started playing with my elmusion tubes the motor actually ran better. Keeping my mixture at cruise at 13.8 target was what the motor wanted.

I did not concern myself with power because that is easy to tune.

I would like to to hear and see more people submit there A/F reading rather than giving general terms as runs good. I think we ( weber community) have made great success with the help of CC, and the knowledge that Ejaro has provide.

I think we have reached a point with these webers that we need to know what is happen in the cumbustion chamber and what the motor wants, rather than just giving it jets.

The wideband is just a tool, and with out knowing what the A/F should be it is a useless tool. Many article state that A/F ratio should be between 14.7 to 12.5 but I have noticed that the poping thru the carb happens at 14.7 and 15.0.