Thread: CRII-GLR Build?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic ND 427 big block 427 ford with tri power I know the 427 didnt come with tri power just wanted something different. 9 inc. ford rear end top loader four wheel dic brakes.
Not Ranked     

Boy does this thread bring back some painfull times for me. In 1992 I paid in full for a CLR built in N.D. The Co. went under and all I got was a body and a frame and nothing else, Like others I built the Cobra from other parts, lonestar,midsates,shell valley,it took me six months to get a steering rack. When CLR started back up I asket for parts at cost and I was turn down. At the time I was working 12hrs days and losing all the parts ,windscreen gas tank,wireing, etc,etc, was a real hardship. During that time I also lose my wife, my twin brother and five good friends in a accident. We file claims and no one I know ever a got a dime. It took me five or six years to get the parts together to finish the Cobra.
I due love my Classic and really enjoy drving it, I have often thought I would not ever get it done and often thought I would sell it, but each time I start that 427 up and see the smile on the kids face it gives me a warm feeling, Its the last Cobra I well have as I am 66 and well pass it onto my son.

Andy