Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfletch View Post
David,

Thank you. My opinion is still that this thread was ill advised and was "a full blown political thread" from the start. It has no place on a car site.
sdfletch, true this is an enthusiast site for Cobra owners or lovers, but aside from our beloved car hobby, we all live in this world together & our continued freedoms & opportunities to continue this hobby are in grave jeopardy. It's also true that we can go to Yahoo or some other distant blog that allows any kind of topics to be aired, complete without moderation. Those are total fiascos filled with death threats & profanity - they are useless & disturbing.

I find sites like this & a few others, the only places I read & discuss politics because we are a relatively small family & I feel it is worthwhile to come here & hear peoples' opinions & also voice them - we are all united by our mutual love for the car hobby. There's no sense sugar-coating things these days.

David K., I totally applaud you & your effort to do more than be just an armchair quarterback like so many of us are in today's society. We need more Americans to stand-up & say: "I'm mad as he!! & I'm not going to take it anymore!" What's going on in Washington is nothing more than a nightmare come true - a Twilight Zone episode come alive. We DO need to do something about it or else we will all be in serious trouble. I've never been to any kind of political rally or demonstration before, but if a "Tea Party" comes to Lansing, MI. our capitol, I'll be there along with thousands of others if I can help it. Why? Because I'm mad as he!! & I'm not going to take it anymore!

How's that for change we all tried to believe in?