View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Here is what I have in my notes regarding them...
This is just copies of threads, and I don't know who was writing any of this or how factuar it is...proceed with caution.

…1983 Texas Stallion. I do not know much about the car but from what I think I know (which I often find out is very different from what is actually correct) they have a corvette suspension and were built in Texas Cobra form and Texas Stallion Cobra form (with the Stallion being more loaded with options I guess). I was told that Texas Stallions like this are very rare so its been pretty tough finding info about them on the web.
its a kellison stallion later to be know as west coast cobra.
these cars were made at spinks airport in fort worth texas, there were 2 hangers at the back of the airport. i used to watch them make these cars and at night they would race them up and down the runway they used a mustang front end 460 engine and a c6 trans, the first owner was killed on a saturday afternoon at his office on hulen street in fort worth a real sad deal hope this helps
Texas Stallion is the 3rd generation stallion originally designed by Jim Kellison
1st generation: Silver Classic Coachcraft / Lincoln Calif
2nd generation: Special Editions / City of Industry Calif
3rd generation: Texas Stallion / Fort Worth Texas
4th generation; Stallion / Nuremburg Germany
search Kellisoncars.com and stallion-cars.com
As for the 1st gen stuff... well, that answers a question I've had for many years... about why I've seen some of these (unknowns / larger body and frames) pop up for sale on a rare occassion in Roseville and Lincoln CA area with 429s/460s in them with little to go on as to why they were wider and different than what I've seen before. Now looking back 10 years, the guy who had them for sale had a few of them in a garage on a farm, and the stuff had been sitting for a LONG time with about 3 inches of dust on all of it. It was like the owner / knowledgable person was not around and all this unfinished stuff, bodies, frames, partial builds were just stored for someone to come along and recognize it.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net