Thread: intake/carb ?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clois Harlan View Post
Take your intake down to a machinist and have the divider machined down about 3/4" or so or do it yourself. This will allow your fuel mixture to flow a little better with a 750 hp double pumper. Just a thought and when my machinist did mine I noticed a big difference. I also noticed a big difference when I went to a big 3/8" fuel log (I don't know why but my car immediately became a lot more responsive). I am running a 427 med riser with a fairly healthy cam and some pretty good bottom end work as well.

Clois
ditto on that.....when I built my 351-W for my fastback in the early 90's I used a dual plane Performer mainfold. a few years later I saw Edlebrock came out with the same basic maniold, but had the divider cut down about 1/2 to 3/4 inch..... they claimed at the time, it would equalize the airflow in the intake and make for better and more even performance across the rpm range...

One cold winter day I pulled my intake and went to a buddies shop that had a mill and we cut down the divider by about 3/4 inch, seems my car ran a lot smoother/better at low rpms, couldn't really tell any difference on the top end of the rpm range, but I'm sure it was better........

David