View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Im pretty sure the product I use is called finileak. In 30 years of driving I always carry 2 cans in the boot of every car I own, and I have NEVER changed a flat tyre. The stuff wont help if youve got a large hole in the tyre but punctures due to nails, screws or glass in either the tread or sidewall can be repaired quickly.
You first shake the hell out of the can for about 5 minutes, much like a paint can, then invert the bottle and connect it to the valve. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes to empty into the tyre which pumps the tyre up about half way. Then within 5 minutes you need to drive on the tyre for 5 to 10 kilometres which some how inflates the tyre to around normal pressure. The instructions say to get the tyre repaired ASAP, but be sure to let the tyre repairer know what you used so when they break the seal to remove the tyre, the gas and sludge doesnt overcome him as has happened to me. He gave me a dirty look that I remember to this day, he was not impressed.
I had a flat about 5 years ago and fixed the leak as I usually did. I kept driving on that tyre for about 8 months always meaning to get it fixed but I was to slack, but in the end it ran out of tread and was replace with the rest. I dont think that was so smart.

Regards.