View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Painting first 427 Cobra prototype --anybody seen good reference photos?

Hello art fans
I successfully painted the front 3/4 view of the first coil spring prototype (which still had a 289 grille mouth at the time) but now in wanting to paint a follow up rear 3/4 does anyone know if the hood lump had an opening on the back? There would be a precedent for this in Ford history in the '64 Ford Thunderbolt. Has anyone seen a rear 3/4 picture
of the same car without all the people in the way? The rear 3/4 picture you see most commonly in all the Cobra books still has the car in raw aluminum so I know it was taken the same time as the picture I used for reference. Also why did they paint the wheels gold?I know racing Ferraris at the time always had gold painted mag wheels but what is it with the gold--was this a special paint ideal to protect magnesium? I may have made the wheels too dark a gold in my painting.

I am computer dummy so don't know how to transfer images so you can check out the progress so far at this website
http://www.csxinfo.net/web/modules/n....php?storyid=3