View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default no way for me to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret a ewing View Post
John,

Did you isolate the CSX group of cars with this issue? Some folks that don't drive their "babies" (planters) may not know of the safety problems associated with the uprights. One would think a safety bulletin would be beneficial in preventing a serious accident for the affected cars.
Sal, "keeper of the marque" Menella, may be able to help in this area.
JMHO,
Bret.
I have no way to tell what cars got what. I think that the original CAV design got a recall (that I never heard about) and were replaced. I think what my car has is what is current. Some 4700 series owners seemed to say that theirs just pulled off from the front. I think everyone should take a look, but I think the fasteners are loctited in so if you try and torque them too much you will HAVE to retorque them all. All of my fasteners were loose (some much worse than others andthe left side was not as bad as the right). I have to say that it really might be just my car that has had this particular problem based on my and its history. Still, better safe than sorry.