View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xena2006 View Post
Not to beat this dead horse, but I stopped in the local LineX dealer today and he said he could spray the fender area to provide good protection from stones. Bad news is that stuff will not come off, so it is a one way trip . Has anyone gone this route, and has comments?
So far, tried the following on the same car:

1. ERA leather snap on spats
2. Line-X spray on (black)
3. 3M spray on (clear over paint)
4. 3M spray on (black)

Yes, I did. Tried the Line-X in black for one year and didn't like it. Was too thick looking and it always bothered me to look at it. When I removed it, rather than trying to sand it off, I just grabbed a corner edge of it and pealed it right off in one piece right off the car. Once you get underneath it it will peal off and pull paint off with it so be prepared to repair the undersurface when you apply this and remove it later.

Sanded it all back down again and applied the 3M black spray on stuff, and that looks cleaner and not nearly as thick. Ended up with 3M spray on Black for now. If I repaint my car down the road I will go with the good clear stuff high up on the fender next time.

Last edited by decooney; 03-30-2009 at 10:49 AM..