View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Gerace View Post
I had my engine for about a year and half before I had it on the street. Bill had advised me on rotating the engine montly so that I did damage any of the valve train components with the spring pressure.Also advise on pr-oiling the engine prior to start up. I was given instructions on the proper oil to use and all the other info needed to breakin/maintain the engine.
Anyway to make a long story short I had an issue with the engie after 300 miles and Bill and Susan did whatever it took to make the engine right. They initially wanted to fly out their builder to handle the problem in the car but decided it best to have the engine sent back to them for a complete go over.Bill also was ready to drive the 20 or so hours to my place to pick up the car. They stood behind their build. They financially compensated me for removal and shipping of the engine. Sure I was not happy with the problem (cam journal oil groove incorrectly ground) but they felt my pain and made it right. And I am confident that if anything else arose they would assist in any way. Very supportive, friendly. Never evasive or accusing. They stand behind their product.
New member and first post, so sorry for jumping in.............

So you are saying they build a poor quality engine, but fixed everything
afterwards. And that is OK????

Jav

PS: Excellent site!
PS: I do own a business and if a customer had issues with not one, but two of my machines, I would be on a plane with a new machine or my
best engineer would, and we would supervise the install and commissioning. It is much harder to find customers than it is to loose them. Makers
need to take steps to ensure problems do not get shipped out the door. I don't personally accept that a new engine might leak or some part
be partially installed. Timing and valve adjustments should be prefect out the door. They should check before and after dyno runs. Demand
quality or be prepared to pay twice or trice for everything to get a "good" one..........

Last edited by JapanGT; 03-31-2009 at 09:14 PM..