View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

I did read every word on that link and some, well a lot contradicts what you are saying. The "too much head too little head" thing would be compensated by camshaft profile. I think that you are trying to argue a mute point in so much that, Yes the big block chev does have a Rod ratio of 1.5:1 as a stock ratio that was initially designed as a truck engine intended for low rpm use. This does not mean that the motor will not hold up for a decent period of time, which is what they do . The thing is, if you decide to hotrod that engine and look at all the different offerings they all seem to try to improve on the Stroke /rod ratio with in the space constraints that are available.
Hey ..Mark!!! I am really just arguing for the sake of it.........I guess that is what boredom does to you...me!!!
The Ratio mattered to me when I built my motor but the best I could get was 1.6:1 and with that it revs to 8000rpm....I don't know if it would do it all day..but it does it long enough for me to kick as much a$$ as I like with my car....Loving it!!!!