View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 G-Force Cobra, Ford Falcon V8 "Sold 1996"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
After OZVENOM took me for a ride in his new "gelcoat black with racing stripes" Cobra, I have a new respect for the Lexus 4.0L quad cam, 32 valve V8s! Scott's car feels like it just wants to rev and rev. In stock form, it makes pretty good low rpm torque and the overall performance is great - kinda makes the Ford V8s look a bit silly in comparison

Considering the alum block, forged crank/rods/pistons, 6 bolt mains with a girdle, etc etc -- for around $1300- ($700-USD) these motors are the absolute undisputed bargain motor for a Cobra. No wonder he keeps getting orders for conversions into all sorts of cars.

The Cobra's the important one though - now I'm wondering if I should have had Scott build me a 700 or 800hp twin turbo Lexus motor, rather than the motor I currently own. I probably would have been about $20,000- better off.....

Do not know about OZ but here in Japan we have the 5.0L and now a 5.7L Toyota V8 with VVT-i. I have driven a Lexus LS600 Price tag $105,000 and it just glides. Drove my brothers HSV last time I was in Perth and have to say would never buy or use a LS motor in anything but maybe for a boat anchor.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 04-07-2009 at 10:50 PM..