Old 04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post

Dan,

That course sounds like the place to set up a bar for sure. Boy, I can just imagine the frustration of a lot of golfers when their ball goes by on the way down. I think that would be a fun place to just sit and watch for a while. Maybe collect a few golf balls and thrown away clubs.

Ron
Bagio is between 4000 and 5000 feet up. A thrown club might not hit the ground for 2 or 3000 feet. Probably wouldn't be worth picking up after that. On one 'elevated tee' the mountain fell steeply to the right. Slicer's Heaven. I asked the caddy what happens if I slice one. He says, "Black hole of Calcutta, ball Gone!"

The town had a bar about every eleven feet. Their San Miguel beer was very good considering the QA didn't exist. One time you could drink a case and not get a buzz. Another, 3 beers and you'd be blotto. I mean GONE!!

They also had a booze called San Miguel Gin. We emptied a bottle and a local showed us a little something about it. He turned the bottle upside down and shook it to make sure it was completely empty. Then he held his thumb over the opening and shook it violently. Lit his lighter, held it near the top, released his thumb and a blue flame shot about 2 feet out of the bottle. He did that over and over with that "EMPTY" bottle 17 times.
I could hear my liver crystallizing.

Dan