View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum 427 S/C with KC FE 482 Shelby
Not Ranked     

Ronbo,

thanks for the comments! Really appreciate your input as I am in desperate need for help in regard to my original question as I can only order the car once I have sorted this key aspect!

Originality and sucking brakes: What you indicate about the performance of the Girling-style brakes is my biggest fear (and you have been confirming that I have unfortuantely not been fully mistaken with that angst........sh..)

Being totally torn apart in this case especially as the unsprung weight aspect is always a major point of concern - Fully agree!

I do aim for a car being close to the original. Kirkham is my choice that is for sure - According to my personal preferences the suspension is an integral part of closeness to the original and for this reason the non-billet one remains being in my core-focus.

Getting the car registered / make it fit for classic track use will be less hustle with the original style suspension /though I am of course aware that there are quite a few billet versions on the road on this side of the pond too.

Faceing this challenge I am still stuck as I will obviously not be willing to accept brakes with poor performance whilst at the same time faceing the need/dream to go with steel suspension.

I am still hopeing that I can get some advice from Club Cobra members which have gone through the same challenge in regard to an upgrade for the Girling style set-up. (It is the steel arms I need - not the Girling brakes)

Power booster: This is 2nd step for me and can be sorted once the car is with me. Also a power booster will have no effect on improving poor overall brake performance anyhow - So the Girling issue must be sorted first.

Ronbo, thanks again and hope that someone can help with "the solution"

Carsten