View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Don - I think we have talked before. I have MassFlow on a 5.0/347 stroker. I have been thinking of going with a Tweecer. I keep waffling on going to a dyno tuner as Rick suggests or buying the Tweecer. Please post your experiances, as I am very interested.

From what I have read there are quite a few look up tables used by the EEC4. Ford chooses to go lean while warming the engine up to get it warmed up faster. It sounds like this happens in closed loop. They also go fatter as load increases. Also in closed loop (I think). As I understand it, Ford did not target 14.7 at all times in closed loop. Again from reading (no actual experiance) lots of tuners lie to the EEC4 on the air flow because they have installed bigger enjectors. If they put in 2x sized enjectors then they retune the MAF to only read 1/2 the actual air flow. This gets the air fuel correct, but then table that is used to determine what the engine load is is wrong. This screws up the timing and how rich or lean the engine should run. Also somewhere the EEC4 needs to know what the engine displacement is to be used in the load calculation.

Any way understanding what is going on with the information that is in your tuning is the first place to start in my mind.

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.