View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 G-Force Cobra, Ford Falcon V8 "Sold 1996"
Not Ranked     

Well first trip to the Pool Room.

Introduction :

Perth born Aussie now living in Japan, been here 6 years and now looking at starting up a car manufacturing company at the moment trying to find the laws on it.

Problem :

Kit cars in Japan cannot be more then 125cc and cannot go faster than 60kph, so the only option here is to fully manufacture cars and have a manufacturing license.

Rebodied cars like the Mitsuoka’s are not classed as kit cars but as manufactured cars, they use Nissans, Mazdas as donors and just replace the body panels with their designed panels, they also have the DINGO UGLY custom made “OROCHI” which they class as a Supercar.

If you want to sell Cobras, Ferrari Replicas or Lamborghini Replicas then you need to have a Manufacturing License, you can NOT sell kits of the vehicles, either sell fully built or do not sell at all.

So the Plan :

Lamborghini 25th Anniversary Countach can be brought here for about $120K I am thinking of buying one stripping it and making a 100% accurate copy of it in Carbon Fiber. Using a custom made Aluminum Monocoque Chassis and custom suspension.

Going with a Toyota 5.0L V8 though a 62G transaxle 5-Speed H Pattern gearbox or maybe a 6-Speed Sequential Transaxle most likely from Quaife UK., all other parts will be sourced from Toyota. The cost of a completed car will be about $90,000 to $110,000 on the road and will be classed as a new vehicle.

BUT I am thinking if this idea falls on it arse because of the laws here, how hard would it be to set up back in OZ?

If in OZ I would be going the LS3 or LS7 and using Holden Parts but I can see the price of the cars will then be in the $150,000 mark after looking at the Holden Powered Elfin and the price of that little buzzbox.

What do you guys think? In OZ would it work or would it fall on its arse also?