View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Lo Belly,
I am not sure what the stuff I got from Gav is called, but he did mention it is used as a heat shielding on the gas burners he works on.

It is about 15mm thick but can be seperated like sheets, I split it to about 5mm thick. I then wrapped pot scourers around the perforated tube, and wrapped the wadding around the pot scourers inside the Aussie Mike pipes.
It has lowered the noise dramatically and has helped alot in the heat of the pipes.
I think that if I wanted to lower the noise further and permenantly I could weld a baffle plate inside the perforated tube, so the exhaust must pass through the wadding, but this would also be very restrictive.
So mine will stay as they are and have more pot scourers jammed inside the perforated pipe to get it quet enough to pass noise testing.
The pot scourers I used are the stainless steel swaff type that are about the size of a tennis ball, but are spun in a circle when made, so you can open them out like a big donut.

I thought I had pics when I put them together but can not find any.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.