View Single Post
Old 11-13-2001, 10:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I'm baccccckkkk!

Back from my few-day stint in Houston. Don't know how those fellas drive Cobras in that fiasco of a city.

Few notes...

- Joe -- car has been running for a couple weeks, but some minor details are being tweaked. Also started chopping up the front suspension to weld in the tubular lower control arms, so hopefully I'll have that done by Saturday. BTW, remind me to tell you about my recent knock sensor investigation.

- Gerhardt -- I actually bought the Audi cause I loved the handling, so the last cruise was still fun for me. Only painful part was exercising self-control when we passed those orange cones.

- Last note from John indicated that he'll avoid the long drives for now due to his son, so I guess he's out this month. We'll keep December's meet a little more local (but I'll not confuse this discussion with that right now).

- Reservations were made already for 20 people. Here's the snag -- for this many people, there will be set menus -- chicken-fried steak, catfish, or a beef dish that I can't remember right now. Once I have a firmer count by say Thursday, I can call and adjust, and if less, we should be able to get full menu selection. I expect to do this cause the list is actually about 12 people (including Glenn) so far.

- So far weather forecast looks good. I've waited too long to get the Cobra out on a good cruise, so I don't think the powers above will be that cruel to me.

- Meeting spots -- Tony is meeting me at my place in the morning, so I suggest the following -- Northerners (and anyone else is welcome) can meet at my place in Steiner Ranch, and we'll drive from there and hook up with Ed's crew at the Austin Java Co (assuming the one on 71). Let me know if you intend to meet at my place and I'll send you my address in an email. Ed -- what time is good to hook up with you at Aus Java.

- Ed -- what's the good route for this? Not sure exactly where Devil's Backbone is, but from a map, it seems that one plan of action could be 71 W, 12 S, 150 E to the lumberyard, then 150 W, 2325 W to lunch. ???

Cheers,
-Neil.
www.avn-tech.com/iac107/images/MEMBER_AN_cobra.jpg