View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default 48 IDA Weber Coolant Bypass

I've been trying to come up with a usefull solutuion for the cold running 289/302 with the 48 IDA's using the dual outlet intake manifold. I have tried several different attempted remidies (as many of you have) but to no avail. It will warm up in the driveway but as soon as it has air passing through the radiator the temps drop to indicated to 150-155 unless its 100 degrees outside. I think these modifications will solve the problem. I just have the Fuel log/coolant manifold and lower radiator hose with the parts mocked up but will get them welded later this week (after bead blasting the color off the red fitting). Today while handling the parts, I realized the thermostat could be discretely attached to the outlet neck with some stainless safety wire. This will allow the fitting to be welded quite close to the thermostat and circulate the heated coolant close to it. The dakened areas at the hose attaching points are stains from the coolant.
[IMG][/IMG]

This is what it looks like installed

[IMG][/IMG]

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 05-06-2009 at 07:32 PM..