View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII #887, drive it a lot!
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Kellogg
Not Ranked     

Each replica has it's own "quirks" just as the originals have their unique "quirks".

I have driven and worked on both BDF and SPF cars. Very different cars indeed, and a drive in each (sorted out) car will make your decision much easier to make.

The basic cars (without any options) hit 2 different price points. Standard equipment on the SPF gives you everything you need to drive year-around, but the cost is more.

Is the extra cost of a SPF worth it? I strongly believe so. That's why I own an SPF.

There is also a very big difference in paint quality between the 2 cars. I have not yet seen a BDF with paint quality at the level of the SPF.
If you can, put each car up in the air and take a close look at the welds and construction of the frame. There is a difference.
The SPF interior more closely replicates the original "look" with gauges, instrument placement, and upholstry.

I am not knocking the BDF. It is a decent car for the price, and they have a couple of very customer focused dealerships. Others are not so customer friendly. Don, do you have anything to say?

I am sure that if you can drive the cars side by side, and inspect them top to bottom side by side, you will know which one you want. Then the question may come to what works with the budget on hand.

Am I biased towards SPF? Yup. I own one :-)

Oh, and maybe some day I can tell you a story about the big hearts of my friends on SCOF (the Superformance owners group)....
Jim Kellogg
Breesport, NY