View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #712 Roush 342
Not Ranked     

JHV 48
I will take a minute and tell you why I made the BDR choice over a SPF.

First off I like the overall appearance of both of them but the stance of the BDR won me over. Purely my taste.

Quality: while they both have it they are in different areas. You have to ask yourself if the quality of an SPF is worth the money. For me it was not even a decision.

Talk to owners. I found that there is so much bias on these sites you will not really get to the bottom of what you want to know. If you talk one on one you will get more valuable information.

Options: They both have so many it really doesn’t matter what they offer as much as are they willing to do what you want in the time frame and price you are willing to pay.

My final decision came after not one but two trips to each of the two finalists in my search. I have to tell you that I had the money to buy either one and it really came down to what company treated me with the respect and took the time to answer all my stupid questions. SPF had me in there display booth not once but five different time in two different shows. I had one person actually talk to me and that was just to ask me if I could move aside so he could show the car to someone else. They did not ever make me feel like a company I wanted to spend my hard earned money with.

BDR was not only courteous to me but actually followed up with the things they said they would provide after they returned back to Florida. The next time I saw them they were right next to the SPF trailer again so I had to be sure it wasn’t me. This time I actually asked for help and they gave me the token speech that was for anyone stopping buy but never once did they even ask if I was interested.
I walked over the BDR trailer and the Owner greeted me by Name.
By the end of the day I made my purchase.
I know that was a lot of rambling about a individual sale but from My perspective people do business with people and that is one of the most important things to consider when making a decision like this.

My last comment will be about the after sale process.

#1 They met every commitment.
#2 Everything went as they said it would.
#3 I have come to determine that it was not just to make a sale. These people are really nice people.
#4 I had one problem that they told me what to do about and if it didn’t work they would send the replacement part right away. No questions.

Good luck on your decision.

BDR712