View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 392CI, 430HP
Not Ranked     

Jim, the only thing I have to say is I am happy with my BDR. It was within my price range so I was happy to get it as I was not willing to pay the additional amount for the SPF (not saying it's not worth it, just saying the BDR was in my budget). I still need to sort out a few things (the front shimmies between 60 and 90 and the carb is running rich). Not sure why it started shimmying all of a sudden but I will get it taken care of. Supposedly the carb came all adjusted but I will get it down to the guy you recommended to have him take a look at it. Jay at Vintage was most helpful to me and to the guy who did my drive train. As you know, I had some issues (three leaking gas tanks, a broken differential, etc., etc.) that were out of my control. I had a bit of a time trying to convince BDR these problems should be under warranty and they originally balked but they eventually came through so that is behind everybody. I'm pleased now and I hope Jay and BDR are also.

I am also happy with the paint job I got. I just polished it today and it looks great. Others have also commented on the paint job favorably. Again, I can't compare to an SPF as the only one I have seen up close is yours and yours is several years older than mine so it is difficult to compare (plus the winter must beat the paint up somewhat).

Happy motoring.