View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
SPF2811....months of delay on delivery ....leaks...squeaks.....rattles.....failed ball joint.....improper installation of vacuum pump needed to be replaced...tire out of round ... vibration in stearing wheel....needed carb tune...fan thermo has to be replaced..no help from dealer... had a hell of a time getting MSO eventually had to forge bills of sale and mileage statement to get licence ....I would never ever order a new car again...in addition to risking your deposit in case of a bankruptcy you will have to go thru the "teething problems" not found in a production car...I think the nearest dealer is 350 miles away... BUT...the car is a blast to drive....if I were to do it again, I would buy a existing sorted used car with a clear title and registration....it had to be the worst buying experience in my life...
Just to be fair, over half the stuff you listed wasn't the factory's fault; it was either the dealer's responsibility or another manufacturer's product (i.e. out of round tire, vacuum pump (not factory on any SPF), carb tune, to name a few).

You guys that can't turn a wrench crack me up some times. Not picking on you personally, so don't take it wrong. These cars are not like going to your local Chevy dealer and buying a Z06. It's not the same experience.