Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #2117, blown 4.6
Not Ranked     

SPF #2117
me -- 65 years old.

Bought my SPF Cobra almost 5 years ago.

The car is fast enough to get me kicked off every drag strip that I have gone to. Under 11.5, over 125 mph. I drive it to the track (up to 100 miles away) -- run -- get tossed -- and drive home.
The car, stock, is fine for running Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow. The current set of mods (new sway bars, better shock mounts, etc) will make it even more fun.

The other owners -- represented by scof and its leader, rt -- are a collection of gear-heads, waxers, hard-core racers, show only folks. A diverse group with the common denominator being a love for their cars and care for their fellow SPF owners. I have several other interesting cars, and belong to several other car "associations", but if I could only keep one -- it would be the SPF.

I know and respect the current SPF ownership -- Lance Stander.
I admire the Jimmy Price and the Hi-Tech group in South Africa.
Our cars are under constant scrutiny and development -- by all of the parties involved.

When I ordered the car in 2004, I was scratching an itch that developed while watching the Cobras run at Sebring when I was in college. I never expected to get the pleasure that I have received from owning it, or to have met the great group of owners, and to have established as many friendships with fellow car nuts as I have.
JamesW #2117