View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

I don't often wander into these sort of threads as they can deviate from the original intent rather easily and then big sticks are needed ...

anyway ........

BDR or SPF - that is the question

I've chosen the BDR after looking at, and riding in both. Now why?

Core quality: The examples I have seen of each have been pretty much equal when looking at paint quality and general fitment of panels. Some were better 'here' while others were better 'there' and even within each marque there were differences in the 'heres' and 'theres' so in the end it was pretty much a wash in looking at the core cars from each.

General stance and proportions: I just like the look of the BDR when it's sitting there over the SPF. Sure there are some dimensional differences but that doesn't matter to me. To my eye the BDR looks better. I also felt I had more room in the BDR.

Options: Here we go ....... The SPF costs more because you get more. When you 'option up' the BDR to the same level as the SPF then the $'s are about the same. That was the key point for me - you can or you can not option the BDR to a SPF. The choice is yours. If you don't want knock-off wheels then you say 'no thanks' and you won't get knock-offs and you won't pay for knock-offs. Down here in La the last thing you want is a heater - so again 'no thanks' and you won't be paying for something you don't want or will ever use.

The rest of it is all personalities and that's to subjective to given any valid comment on