Thread: Finally painted
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival.
Not Ranked     

Hi Mando, I re-did the hinges because there seemed to be a lot of up and down flex with the doors which allowed the door to hit the body at the rear closing point. Also due to the arc of the hinge. it protruded into the leg area a little, the new hinge is almost level with the steel upright that supports the dash.
I made them out of 6 mm stainless initially with two straps at 50 mm wide. After they were made, they still had flex so then joined the two straps together to stiffen them more. It did not matter what they were made from as they can now be covered and become part of the internal panels, perhaps carpeted. This pic might explain better.

I have a slight bit of overspray under the front section inside the drivers wheel area (primer). This was my fault as I did not tape correctly, the rest is ok from what I can see. I'm working full shifts for the next few days so its not seen daylight yet which will give a better indication. I have now found 3 small runs in the clear which were starting to form. Easy fixes.

Cheers.
Dale.