View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgwebb View Post
I've run across what supposedly is an original Ford big block that was pulled from a 1966 AC Cobra. The engine is supposedly all original and was running when it was pulled out in 1966 in an effort to improve gas mileage. Yep, I know this sounds like bull. It is supposedly complete. My intention is to just flip it. I'm looking for information that would help to determine its originality, as well as whether there should be any markings on the engine that would confirm it's original VIN number. This may be helpfull in getting the engine back to the original car. Any information that you can give that would confirm the validity of this being an OEM engine from an AC Cobra would be helpful, or contacts that may know this information. I am not in possession of the engine at this time, and it is not nearby for me to examine. I am gathering information to take with me when that trip is made. Thanks.
There are several quite knowledgeable FE people located within your general northern, NJ location. I suggest for now that you post casting numbers for the block(casting numbers and date codes), heads (check both and post casting numbers as well as date codes), intake, and carb for starters. If it is indeed a proper FE engine for a Cobra, there are several here who can point you in the right direction to find out further information. The more information you have up front, the more value you can then place on the engine.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS