View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM1035 with 521ci, 612fwhp
Send a message via AIM to PARKERPOWER
Not Ranked     

Well I didn't leave at 2:30 with everyone else and I guess a good thing too.
About 3:00-3:15 the wind picked up and the flood started. The over hang we parked under wasn't helping much now. Have you ever done the one man car cover thing in 35mph wind and a monsoon. Interesting.
Once I got the car cover on I noticed three holes about 3" in diameter, one on the hood, one between the seats, and one on the trunk perfectly spaced and right down the middle. Great!!@#%

Finally about 4:00 I saw my opening, just sprinkling and clear skys off to the north, but man there was still a lot of water on Beltline that had not drained off. Made it to 35 and you look up and all you see is a big wall of mist from all the vehicles.

I'm up on 35 now and I think all the 18 wheelers are on their radio talking to each other. " Look at this IDIOT in a car with no top let's see if we can pass him on both sides" They had me speeding up, slowing down, changing lanes all the way to Highland Village. I thought I was in a pin ball machine.
I did make it to the house before the next round of storms. Maybe if there is rain in the forecast this coming weekend we could make a run to Texoma or Paris.

I found the mystery of the three holes in my cover. The cover fell up against the exposed brake light in the trunk and it melted the holes in it.
My cover is made of material like a parachute. Anybody know of some patches I could sew on there that look like a snake or a pissed off rabbit or is that pissed on.