View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
man, i can't understand you, i've been away from the motherland too long!

there is an accel datalogger that is real helpful that i use. opens up a whole new can of worms but once you get the hang of it you can tune yourself. otherwise you go to a dyno and use their o2 sensors. one trip to the dyno almost pays for the datalogger.

what's a gubbin?
Sorry about the slang - gubbins is the accessories or bits and pieces needed with it. In the case of the gauge or data logger, it would be the lamda sensor probe and wiring. As I have the accel black box that came with the thruster kit all I would need I guess is a harness if there is a seperate feed point from the box. I will contact accel.

I have an Innovate kit which which i used for tuning the Barry Grant speed demon, but I will try the accel one integral with the thruster software.

The only reason for the gauge is to use it for keeping an eye on the A/F readings in open loop to fine tune the VE before I set to closed loop and as a safeguard in closed loop once I have done this I guess.

I suppose the response will be to use the calibrate function to get VE points and smooth the graph - is this the way you did it initially.

There are not many rolling roads that can take the power over here and less people familiar with tuning these set ups unlike the speed shops over there. There are a few dyno rigs, but it is a hasstle to pull out the engine and I wanted to have a go myself. I am used to drilling out air bleeds and modifying carbs but this is a whole new ball game.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards
Mike