Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Ford 429
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcarbp View Post
I agree with Rick and FWB having "pinned" it as rear coil spring bind and as FWB pointed out with no spring travel (if fully compressed at normal ride height) , the shock bushing is being hammered to a pulp. In any case it has to be in the rear suspension for such a drastic change in yaw under power.
I think your both right and this will be my first course of action that I take to fix this dangerous condition. Also "kitcarbp" I like your use of the term "yaw" as I am a pilot and that makes perfect sense to me. In aviation "yawing motions" can have dramatic affects on aircraft perfomace and handling so now you have given me my first clue as to the extent of what all this means. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is. By the way, how can I tell what the spring weight is? Is it stamped on the spring? Also by loosening the adjustable spring, is that only going to raise up the rear end?? The car already sits higher than I'd like. Are springs universal or do I need a spring to fit my coil? Let me know what to do first and I can take it from there I think.. Thanks fellas again for everything!!