Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 G-Force Cobra, Ford Falcon V8 "Sold 1996"
Not Ranked     

Why a Countach,

Cobras are a dim a dozen here, they are imported from the USA.

A real Countach will cost about $120,000 for RHD to $160,000 for LHD, but because of the age of the vehicle the up keep will send you to the wall.

The car has to go over the pits every year because of its age, you have to pay emission tax because of the age and the fuel it uses, the repairs for the vehicle is also a killer here, a service for a Countach will cost about $15,000.

If it is a unlicensed Countach then there is no way in the world you will get it licensed because of the age of the vehicle. There are about 5 for sale that are unlicensed and they have been for sale now for over 18 months because they are unlicensed, who ever buys the cars will never get them licensed.

This one here

http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...l?ROUTEID=hiho

has been imported from the UK, it still has UK plates but because of the age and it is not licensed in Japan it has been for sale for about 12 months now.

I am looking at buying it and shipping it back to the UK to use for making the moulds.

A plain meat pie 180grams will cost you about $5.50AU, There are only 3 Meat Pie Shops in Japan, 1 in Osaka, 1 in Yokahama and my shop. The Shop in Osaka sells Plain mince pies 120grams for about $3.00AU and he claims they are Aussie Style, I placed a order when I first landed here 6 years ago and the pies tasted like some crap a kid in a sand pit made. The other shop in Yokahama sell British type pies, I have not tried them. A Aussie Pub in Roppongi(Tokyo) has a Plain 150gram meat pie for about $7.00AU but they are made in house for the pub only.

My Profession is in Close Personal Protection, been doing it for abut 14 years, I retired in 2007 because the wife wanted me out of the industry, so having nothing to do I started making and selling pies from home, it worked but I am board with it as I am now stuck in the house 24/7.

Last edited by Tatsushige; 05-07-2009 at 04:22 PM..