View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison Gen IV, 427FE
Send a message via AIM to tbracker Send a message via MSN to tbracker Send a message via Yahoo to tbracker
Not Ranked     
Default This is what Julie had to say - quote:

"Unfortunately, the rattling is something we’ve heard of WRT the GenIV. The environment that those baffles ‘see’ is incredibly corrosive and the welds don’t last. I am not sure if Brett realized that. My guess is that one of the baffles has come loose.

We have seen people stuff the muffler area with the equivalent of ‘glasspac’ material, but it too degrades and it will shoot out the sidepipes after some period of time.

We do have a new muffler that we have developed in conjunction with a well known performance muffler company. [When the legal fine print is dry, we expect to co-brand with them]. The muffler has ~25dB of noise reduction and very little performance degradation. The sidepipes are about ½-inch larger in diameter and require a new collector and a longer hinge but if you didn’t know it, you would not notice the difference.

You can see if you can get someone to unweld the collector and reweld the baffle but my guess is that you will see the problem again.

The muffler in the new sidepipes is street legal in all 50 states as well."