View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Merv and Sharon, Im in the same position as Hogster not having started my motor yet. Ive gone with a 347 roller using AFR 185 heads and Morrison Injection and am using the Autronic SM4 computer, the same as Nassty. Im hoping to start the car within the next 6 weeks. I have approval to get the car registered providing emissions are in line with ADR requirements. The only thing I want to change after rego is to put the sidepipes on.

Regards.
Hi Mando,

I don't know how much tuning you personally plan to do but I tell everyone who's thinking of using aftermarket ECUs that the best tuner is yourself. All you need is a wideband A/F meter. I've got an Innovate LM1 which cost less than $400 from Rocket Industries. It's now been superceeded by the LM2 which will probably cost a bit more (+ the AUD is weaker too) but ask if they still have any LM1's lying around. The Innovate A/F meter can easily be configured to run an anologue output into the SM4 (via the O2 sensor input) which then allows you to datalog which makes tuning on the road a breeze.

Only bugger with Autronic is the poor support they give. Most of what I've learnt has been through common sense and trial and error.

I originally had the cobra on a dyno to get WOT safe but no tuner can tune a car for drivability in a couple of hours. It has taken me months to get everything right. Firstly I used MAP for the load input but later I remapped it for throttle position which I found to be much better. Good luck with the tuning and please ask if you have any SM4 questions.

Cheers

Al