Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Oi, we don't water our beer. It is the only true quality ale worth drinking.

As to the two biggest cities and food miles. Lets say the feds elect to amortize all the save the Murray cost to every bit of fruit grown in the place. Every grape, every bottle of wine, even cob of corn etc....what would it cost?....you'd never be able to afford it.

Who cares about the two largest cities in Australia?. They are both bankrupt as are the States they exist. They (NSW and VIC) have sold all their assets, have not maintained their own infrastructure to a required level and exist simple on dwindling cash flow and are dependent on a disproportional share of federal revenue.

Frankly, I believe we are almost at a time where some very disturbing but essential decisions need to be made. We cannot continue to exist on an outdated government/social model while we move to more challenging times.

Duplicity in Government will have to stop....cant afford it....State Governments will have to go .... local councils with more responsibility.
Feds to pick up education/health/water/transport. They have picked up a huge part of the funding already.

You cant have the water rights of the Murray sold off by the state Governments on either bank and then want the rest of Australia to bail the area out. Not On !.

I've got a whole list of these ideas ... aren't you lucky I'm not the PM.

Last edited by Rebel1; 05-14-2009 at 04:03 AM..