View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley 289 with edelbrock perfomer rpm setup.
Not Ranked     
Default Building Cobras

One thing i know about building Cobras and that is by the time you pay someone
to put one together even if you don't build it in pieces and including all of the money that you have for the parts and labor you end up having way more money in these things then they are worth or what anyone is willing to pay you for one.The prices people want to paint these fiberglass bodies and do bodywork adds to it.Especially dealing with a Cobra Kit Car.These body shops want more money to even mess with these fiberglass bodies.These things are nothing but a money pit.It is hard to believe that anyone sells one of these
for what they have invested in one.Based on my experience with one i think
they are more of an investment and work then it is worthwhile.
I had $30,000.00 invested in the one i had and you can't even drive them at this price.Even if you do the assembly work or the most of the work yourself
you are still spending more money even by not paying the labor and the work
involved to build one is to time consuming i think and ends up being more then what you want to do.You can't also trust most people and like i was saying people don't want to give you anything for these at least not what you have invested in them.This Kirkham Motorsports has one that is $108,000.00 and it just makes me ask them is that car really worth it?
You can go pick up a car from the lot that has alot of comfort items for
$50,000.00 from a dealership like power windows,leather seats etc.
Most vehicles at that price you can get alot of things on them.
There isn't even any room in these at all.Vehicle prices are to much anyway
but the money invested in these things along with the time hardly makes it
worthwhile along with the people you deal with.They are not working on any low profit margin.They make money not only from the labor but also from the parts.