View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Have you mounted a cooling system for trans and rearend in a SC car?

Strictly personal Bob I am looking at adding a trans and rearend cooler system under the car for racing. The heat from the motor and tunnel over a 20 minute run are causing issues with the fluid in both parts. I have gone to a Full synthesis in both units and the shifting has gotten better but still alittle binding happens. I do believe because of the fire proofing blanket added to the tunnel and limited air flow, this is the problem. I don't want a Don C. scoop added to the car. I know this works but I am not F1 caliper at this time. Any suggestions or pictures would help. I have price pumps, (12v) from $100.00 to $400.00. I am hoping to fine something in the middle range. I have drilled and tapped the rearend like on the #198 car. I got to see the under carriage. There is alot more room under a original one that ours. The trans has 3 fills on it, I will use 2 with a small oil filter in the line. Rick Lake I am still looking at the rear scoops for the inside rotors to get more air without adding blower motors here too.