View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

Sorry Henrik - it was not directed at you or really anyone.

A lot of scams come through here from people overseas wanting to buy; send the car and they'll send a cheque. The car is real but the cheque isn't.

Jay's post indicated that he'd been talking to you - and that your post was straight up and you are in the market - which I responded to.

Jay has sold a few to Europe so he knows the procedure and you can't really go wrong dealing with him - or Reg in Florida.

A few days ago a guy said he'd gone for a ride in another brand replica and found that right now it was not the car to buy for himself or his family. He'd done a lot of research and a car had been taken across the country for him. No hard feelings anywhere - it's just the way it happens sometimes. He's still around and one day the time will be right for him

From what you initially posted I think a BDR fits in there nicely. Jay knows what's around, and he'll certainly be able to send you some options to look at.

As to a LS-7 - it's your car and what you want is entirely up to you The 7 will fit and there's nothing wrong with that engine choice. T-56 - I asked about that unit back in '04 when it wouldn't fit - now it does and for a smaller HP engine it is certainly an option to look at. Bigger HP would be a little better suited to a TKO500 or 600.

We'll certainly look forward to seeing the pics of a BDR on the road in Europe.

Doug