View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Car colors do not look the same in pictures as they do in real life; they look different on the computer too.

What I did (and what I have recommended over the years), is go to a couple of the larger new car shows (World of Wheels, Detroit Auto Show, etc.) and walk through the hundreds of new cars looking for the exact color that you want. Chances are you'll find it. Then take a snapshot of the sticker and your body guy can PPG it to look exactly right.

And btw, some colors look completely different if you have your sunglasses or or off with polarizing lenses.

And some colors look completely different inside the show under the glare of lights, as opposed to outside in the sunshine. So once you're sure of the color you want, go to a dealer and look at other cars with the same color that are sitting out in the sunshine and double check your decision.

You are right ... I have been looking and it's nice to see different colors on Cobras and on other cars as well. There was an ERA for sale a year or so ago, that had a Maroon paint job (I believe it was a Chrysler color) and it really looked good. Not a choice that I would have thought of, but it worked.

Now I have an excuse to go to even more car shows / events !!!

Thanks.

- Tim