View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
As for the engine, there are forum vendors that have been discussed here at length. My engine was built by a forum vendor (FE Specialties). However, while I have no affiliation with them, I've heard many good things about Smeding Performance in Sacramento, at least about their small block Ford offerings, and their prices seem very reasonable. I've always liked the local angle. Sacramento is only 90 +/- minutes away. They've been written up in a few magazines. I would check them out along with the vendors represented here on this forum.

Rodney,

Color is big decision ... but I'll probably narrow it down to (2) or (3) and let it percolate for a while. For the motor, I'll most likely go with a forum vendor, as they know the cars, and to be active on this board, they are most likely pretty reputable. The local angle is a consideration, but since the car will be built 3,000 miles from here, I would be OK with a motor vendor that is far away as well. Whatever I get, I will definitely want it run in on a dyno, so I will know it will run once it's installed.

Thanks for the good wishes, will keep you posted, Hope to talk with ERA later this week and get some estimate on when things will happen.

- Tim