View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Leeroy kindly loaned me his wheels when I was setting my car up. That let me get the offsets how I wanted them and determine if there was enough clearance for the 11" wide rears.

If you are trying to get your offsets spot on make sure you take into account clearances through the full suspension travel and lock to lock steering.

The bump steer on the rear of my car caused some problems with the 11" rears. The were OK on the road but when I was driving on the track I found they rubbed badly in a couple of spots. Tyre flex and growth with speed were a couple of factors I hadn't accounted for. This time when I built the new rear end I went to great effort to check clearance right through the travel.

You could gain more clearance with some fabricated front arms or possibly change the offset on your hubs (depending on how much clearance you have between the caliper and the back of the wheel or between the disc rotor and the ball joint.

Also the pin drive adaptor flange is usually about 10mm thick so if your running pin drives take that into account.

Cheers