View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I suppose if you are a "checkbook builder" and drop it off at a shop and say "I want Webers or I want FI" that is true. For us do-it-yourselfers, the cost is a lot less. By the time you but all the pieces to fine tune a Weber set-up, the FI is a lot cheaper.

Jim

Jim, Sorry you are way off on that. The Webers, manifold and linkage, with fuel lines and blocks and synchrometer was $3750 including tax. I think they've gone up a little now but that's what I paid. All the extra parts I needed came from various sources on eBay...some from Italy and some from California. You'd be surprised at how many businesses sell the exact same stuff on eBay they sell through catalogs, and give you about a 30-40% discount.
All my extra jets, e-tubes, 40mm chokes and fuel pressure regulator totalled around $250. That's $4,000 in my book and is no where near the admission price of Dynatek and TWM. A couple thou less??, and that doesn't start to add in the return fuel lines, high output pump(s), high pressure regulator required for EFI. Plus I am told a dyno pull or two or three is mandatory for EFI. I think the EFI setups cost a lot more than Webers. Like others already said on this thread, the Webers worked for me for a lot less without electronic stuff in the engine bay.